Skip to main content

"Primo tailored the insurance to fit my business perfectly."

At Primo, we like all our clients to feel this way

Bricklayers Insurance

Bricklayers Liability Insurance

Liability insurance arranged by experienced brokers, bricklayers insurance policies and quotes obtained from top UK insurers for sole traders and small to medium companies who work within the construction industry.

Arranged by Primo

Required Insurance

The core of any bricklayers insurance policy is public and employers liability. If you or your company are liable for an accident or injury resulting in a loss to the claimant, public liability insurance covers you and your business against that loss and that is why virtually every business in the construction industry needs it. Employers liability, however, is a legal requirement and must be included in your bricklayers insurance policy if you employ anyone at any time.

  • Public Liability

    Protects you and your business financially against claims made by third parties for injury or loss or damage to property as a result of negligence.

  • Employers Liability

    Protects your business financially from successful claims arising from employees illness or injury, sustained as a result of carrying out work whilst in your employ.

    Employer's liability is a legal requirement in the UK whether you hire paid or voluntary staff on a permanant or temporary basis. There are some exemptions.

Cover Options

Click a listed cover option for more information such as why you may or may not need this extra cover.

insurance broker leaning against a wall dressed in blue suit

Your Broker

Always speak to a real person. You will have an assigned broker.
photo of someone using a mobile phone while holding a coffee


Our brokers ensure obtaining your insurance is simple and straightforward
photo of many colourful umbrellas blotting out the sky


Correctly covering your business gives you great peace of mind.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Do I need public liability insurance?

    Whilst not a legal requirement we highly recommend you obtain this cover to protect you against the costs and damages claims arising from a negligent act causing injury or damage to a third party. It gives you that peace of mind to know that in the event of a claim you have your insurer defending and protecting you.
  • Is business insurance a legal requirement?

    Most business insurance is not a legal requirement, however, we do highly recommend you obtain this cover to protect you against the costs and damages claims arising from a negligent act causing injury or damage to a third party or resulting fire, weather related incidents or a break in. It gives you that peace of mind to know that in the event of a claim you have your insurer defending and protecting you.

    The only insurance that your business is legally obliged to obtain is employers liability and vehicle insurance.

  • Can I pay in monthly instalments?

    You can pay monthly subject to your status and the size of the premium the credit charge and terms will vary.
  • What if I need to change my level of cover?

    As an existing client you can call or email us with any changes during business hours and get advice on the changes you wish to make.

  • If I need to make a claim who should I contact?

    First and foremost always contact your insurer, should you need assistance or advice following that call speak to your broker who will be happy to assist you where they can.

Let's get you covered as quickly and simply as possible

Cover for your vehicles, plant and machinery

Small white commercial vehicle

Business Vehicles

Comprehensive, third party, fire & theft or third party only cover arranged for your business' vehicles or commercial fleet.
Man sat in the cab of a crane on a construction site

Plant and Machinery

Consider adding annual insurance cover for owned or hired-in plant and machinery to your business cover.

Help with choosing the right cover options for your business.

Below you will find cover and add-on policies you may need to correctly cover your business. It is just a selection and as always we advise speaking to a broker to obtain the best advice possible.
Measuring and cutting wood with circular saw for a construction contract

Contract Works

Some construction projects you undertake will make you responsible for partially completed work. For instance, you're in the middle of building a house, and a flood destroys the work you have done contract works insurance could cover the cost of redoing that work. Your broker will help you determine the right level of cover needed.

Own Plant & Tools

Provided cover is for the replacement of your tools, plant and equipment due to theft, loss or damage. Typically included in a contractors' all risks policy.
Photo of plant loading shovel
photo of a toolbox with a selection of tools inside

Employee's Tools

Covers the cost of replacement of employees tools which have been stolen, lost or damaged. The amount covered may be for a fixed amount and will depend on the insurer.
Covers the replacement value of hired-in plant and equipment. Hire companies will normally insist on some type of cover to be in place before hire commences.
Man sat in the crane cab on building site
Corner of a blue portaloo

Temporary Buildings

Whether it's a portacabin or a row of portaloos most construction sites have temporary buildings. Temporary buildings cover often provided with a C.A.R. policy covers loss or damage to these temporary structures and may cover any plant or tools stored in them.

Architect's Plans

Covers the cost of replacement due to loss or damage of architects drawings. Usually covered as part of a contractors all risks policy.
Builder checking architect's plans
Cement lorry delivering to building site


The materials you use on site can be expensive to replace, so ensuring your sums insured covers the replacement cost of your materials is essential. Typically materials will be covered under a contractors all risks policy.

Need help?

Call us at 01702 225 440

Or use our live chat

Have us call you!

Within 24 hours or next working day