Skip to main content

"I chose Primo to arrange my insurance because of their attention to detail."

At Primo, we like all our clients to feel this way

Roofer Insurance

Roofers Insurance (No Height Limits, With/Out Heat)

Insurance for roofing contractors with or without heat and no height limits, full cover options available, competitive premiums arranged with A-rated UK insurers.

Arranged by Primo

High-Risk Trades Insurance

Roofing contractors insurance is currently available with affordable competitive premiums without any compromise on the level of cover required. We can arrange cover for roofing contractors working with or without heat, unlimited height and with asbestos risks.

Roofing is considered a high risk occupation. Working at height, sometimes in inclement weather and often with heat, it's crucial that you’re advised on the correct cover and purchase the right insurance package. Our brokers understand this and will tailor roofers insurance liability policies to suit each individual contractor no matter how big or small your roofing business is.

  • How we provide competitive cover and cost

    Thanks to specialist UK Underwriters with years of knowledge in construction and contractor trades, we are able to arrange and obtain highly competitive roofers insurance premiums for all roofers and roofing contractors. Make sure when your applying for a roofers liability insurance quote that you make it clear whether you work with heat or not, this is very important to ensure you're provided with the correct roofers insurance cover.

Required Insurance Cover

  • Public Liability

    Protects you and your business financially against claims made by third parties for injury or loss or damage to property as a result of negligence.

  • Employers Liability

    Covers you for financial loss when a successful claim is made by an employee who suffered from illness or injury as a direct result of carrying out work while in your employment.

  • Professional Indemnity

    Covers your legal fees and compensation payments that may arise from a client taking legal action against you, this may be due to a mistake you made when providing professional services, advice or designs

Cover Options

Click a listed cover option for more information such as why you may or may not need this extra cover.


Roofers who have any of the following will benefit from our current market discounts.

  • Claims Free Discount Up To 7 Years
  • Number of Years Established
  • Members Of A Trade Association
  • Focus On New Build
  • PDH Bias Business
  • Good Health & Safety Processes

Free Programme

Our most competitive insurer currently offers all our clients a FREE online H&S/risk management programme worth £250+ which includes risk assessments/method statements, templates, H&S advice, HR advice amongst many other benefits.

Arrange a quote now

roofers insurance broker in blue suit

Your Broker

Always speak to a real person. You will have an assigned broker.
photo of someone using a mobile phone while holding a coffee


Our brokers ensure obtaining your insurance is simple and straightforward
photo of many colourful umbrellas blotting out the sky


Correctly covering your business gives you great peace of mind.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Do I need public liability insurance?

    Whilst not a legal requirement we highly recommend you obtain this cover to protect you against the costs and damages claims arising from a negligent act causing injury or damage to a third party. It gives you that peace of mind to know that in the event of a claim you have your insurer defending and protecting you.
  • Is business insurance a legal requirement?

    Most business insurance is not a legal requirement, however, we do highly recommend you obtain this cover to protect you against the costs and damages claims arising from a negligent act causing injury or damage to a third party or resulting fire, weather related incidents or a break in. It gives you that peace of mind to know that in the event of a claim you have your insurer defending and protecting you.

    The only insurance that your business is legally obliged to obtain is employers liability and vehicle insurance.

  • Can I pay in monthly instalments?

    You can pay monthly subject to your status and the size of the premium the credit charge and terms will vary.
  • What if I need to change my level of cover?

    As an existing client you can call or email us with any changes during business hours and get advice on the changes you wish to make.

  • If I need to make a claim who should I contact?

    First and foremost always contact your insurer, should you need assistance or advice following that call speak to your broker who will be happy to assist you where they can.

white commercial vehicle

Business Vehicles

Comprehensive, third party, fire & theft or third party only cover arranged for your business' vehicles or commercial fleet.
Crane with a man in the cab at construction site

Plant and Machinery

Consider adding annual insurance cover for owned or hired-in plant and machinery to your business cover.
Shop open sign on commercial property

Commercial Property

Do you need commercial property insurance in addition to liability cover? We can also arrange as a standalone policy.

Let's get you covered as quickly and simply as possible

Top Articles Concerning Roofers

white commercial vehicle

Contractors Use of Heat. Conditions you Need to Know

Stop! Before you read further, it would be a good idea to go and grab your Liability insurance documents. Why? Well, let's check something important.
Crane with a man in the cab at construction site

No Better Time for High Risk Trades To Renew Insurance

With Gable no longer trading and rumours of rate increases spreading through the insurance industry, there hasn't been a better time to renew your insurance​...
Shop open sign on commercial property

Information Our Contractors Really Need to Know

With new regulations and the onset of the Insurance Act many contractors that work in the construction industry may be in for some nasty surprises when renewing their insurance.

Help with choosing the right cover options for your business.

With so many different policies, cover extensions and options to choose from it pays to have an experienced broker on your side.
Commercial property frontage showing stock and an open sign

Buildings and Contents

What is Covered? Your buildings, fixtures and fittings: including gates, fences, car parks, as well as underground cables and pipes. It may also include cover for stock and cash on the premises and in some cases it can also provide for seasonal stock increases free of charge.

Business Interruption

If your business needs to close after a disaster like a flood or a fire, perhaps even after a forced entry business interruption insurance covers the shortfall in your business' income.
Man interrupting woman whilst working to show her something
Green and white cement mixer at building site

Contract Works

Some construction projects you undertake will make you responsible for partially completed work. For instance, you're in the middle of building a house, and a flood destroys the work you have done contract works insurance could cover the cost of redoing that work. Your broker will help you determine the right level of cover needed.
Provides cover for damage to property and also damage or injury to third-parties. Damage to property can include incorrect construction, renovation damage or damage to temporary work on sites. C.A.R. policies are typically taken out by both the contractor and the employer and may have others such as finance companies named in the policy.
builders load dumper with cement
box of various tools

Tools, Materials and Equipment

Often included as part of a contractors insurance policy this covers loss or damage to your roofing contractors' tools, equipment and materials while they are secured on-site.

Plant and Machinery

Cover provided for owned or hired-in plant and machinery for more information please see our full description on plant and machinery cover.
crane on a building site

Need help?

Call us at 01702 225 440

Or use our live chat

Have us call you!

Within 24 hours or next working day