Skip to main content

"Primo found me just the insurance I needed from an insurer I wanted."

At Primo, we like all our clients to feel this way

Landlord Insurance

Landlord's Insurance

Landlords need to protect themselves, and their property, standard property insurance is very different from Landlords' insurance and will not cover you. Property owners' liability typically covers damage to your property, loss of income, malicious damage by a tenant and of course, should a liability claim be made against you it will protect you against financial loss.

Arranged by Primo

Landlords insurance for landlords just like you

When you live in a property regular house insurance is all you need, however, as soon as you start to rent out a property you will need landlords insurance that covers more. Property owners liability will be much more suitable and will provide cover not only for damage to a building but also your income from the property; this will cover your financial losses from a successful liability claim made against you.

Landlords insurance may also be arranged to cover multiple properties providing the insurance you need in a single landlords insurance policy

  • Property owners' liability

  • Employers liability

  • Property damage all risks

Examples of optional cover available with your landlords insurance policy

  • Landlords insurance - Loss of rental income
  • Landlords insurance - Legal expenses
  • Landlords insurance - Terrorism cover

Let's get you covered as quickly and simply as possible

Your Broker

Always speak to a real person. You will have an assigned broker.


Our brokers ensure obtaining your insurance is simple and straightforward


Correctly covering your business gives you great peace of mind.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Do you need landlord's liability insurance?

    Landlords insurance is not a legal requirement, in fact, the only insurance that is a legal requirement is employer's liability insurance and only, of course, if you employ someone other than family members. That said, unexpected events could have serious financial implications and may end up causing you more economic problems than expected, therefore landlords insurance that offers excellent cover is excellent protection for your business.

    Commercial property insurance, often overlooked by landlords is just as important, and we can also arrange cover for you if you own and rent out shops, offices, surgeries, workshops, etc.

  • Why ask us to broker your landlords insurance?

    Your adviser will discuss cover options with you; the options available will depend on the underwriter/insurer who issued the policy. Your adviser will also inform you of their recommendations and instruct you on the differences between the various policy options offered.

    Through us, you will have access to many of the UK's leading underwriters of real estate and landlords insurance products. We can offer you very competitive landlords insurance quotations from a wide range of ABI approved insurers. Having this choice will ensure you have sufficient cover in place, whether it's for one property or your entire property portfolio.

  • Can I pay in monthly instalments?

    You can pay monthly subject to your status and the size of the premium the credit charge and terms will vary.
  • What if I need to change my level of cover?

    As an existing client you can call or email us with any changes during business hours and get advice on the changes you wish to make.

  • If I need to make a claim who should I contact?

    First and foremost always contact your insurer, should you need assistance or advice following that call speak to your broker who will be happy to assist you where they can.

Let's get you covered as quickly and simply as possible

Other Insurance For Consideration

Business Vehicles

Comprehensive, third party, fire & theft or third party only cover arranged for your business' vehicles or commercial fleet.

Commercial Property

Do you need commercial property insurance in addition to liability cover? We can also arrange as a stand-alone policy.

Need help?

Call us at 01702 225 440

Or use our live chat

Have us call you!

Within 24 hours or next working day