Skip to main content

"Primo helped get our start-up off and running and now business is blooming."

At Primo, we like all our clients to feel this way

Landscape Gardener Insurance

Insurance for Gardeners

Insurance for landscape gardeners and parks and public gardens contractors. Risks discussed and appropriate insurance cover assessed. Quotes obtained from carefully selected UK insurers.

Arranged by Primo
  • What is Landscape Gardeners Insurance?

    It is a specialised package designed to protect businesses and individuals in landscaping and gardening. Unlike general business insurance, Landscape Gardeners Insurance covers various risks and liabilities specific to this sector, offering security and peace of mind.
  • Why is Landscape Gardeners Insurance critical for businesses in the UK?

    Landscape Gardeners Insurance is crucial for companies in the UK as it provides a financial safety net against potential risks such as property damage, injuries, equipment theft, and legal liabilities arising from their work activities. This stability ensures a secure and prosperous future for your business.
  • What types of businesses need Landscape Gardeners Insurance?

    Landscape Gardeners Insurance is essential for many companies, including landscape contractors, who design and build outdoor spaces. These garden designers create aesthetically pleasing gardens, garden maintenance companies who keep gardens in top condition, tree surgeons who care for trees, and other professionals involved in landscaping and gardening services. Landscape Gardeners Insurance is a must-have if your business operates in these areas.
Chalk board with the words, where do I start?, written in white chalk
Simply fill out our quote form with as much detail as possible. Once our brokers receive your form they will begin the quote process.
Chalkboard with question written in white and we can help in yellow
Your assigned broker is happy to answer your concerns. Alternatively check out the FAQ directly below.
Chalkboard with consulting written across the middle.
Okay so you're all covered, that peace of mind is great. But should you ever require our help further request a callback.

Landscape Gardener Insurance FAQ: Comprehensive Cover for Your Gardening and Landscaping Business | Primo

  • What does Public Liability Insurance cover for landscape gardeners?

    Public Liability Insurance covers landscape gardeners against claims for third-party injury or property damage caused during work activities. For example, public liability insurance covers repair costs or compensation if a tree surgeon accidentally damages a client's property while trimming trees.
  • Does Landscape Gardeners Insurance cover tools and equipment?

    Landscape Gardeners Insurance typically covers tools, equipment, and machinery used in landscaping and gardening. This coverage can extend to theft, loss, or damage to these essential assets. However, it's important to note that there may be specific exclusions or limits to the coverage, such as high-value equipment or damage caused by negligence.
  • What is Employers Liability Insurance, and is it necessary for landscape gardening businesses?

    Employer liability is a legal requirement for employers in the UK, including landscape gardening businesses. It covers the employer's liability for injuries or illnesses sustained by employees during work activities.
  • How does Business Interruption Insurance benefit landscape gardening businesses?

    It provides financial support to businesses facing income losses due to unforeseen events such as accidental property damage, equipment breakdowns, or temporary closures. It covers ongoing expenses and lost income during downtime.
  • Does Landscape Gardeners Insurance cover vehicles used for business purposes?

    Yes, Landscape Gardeners Insurance can include coverage for commercial vehicles used for business purposes, such as transporting your equipment, tools, and materials to job sites. Commercial Vehicle Insurance protects against accidents, theft, and damage to these vehicles.
  • Are there specific environmental liabilities covered by Landscape Gardeners Insurance?

    Landscape Gardeners Insurance addresses ecological liabilities such as pollution incidents caused by chemicals, fertilisers, or herbicides used in landscaping activities. It covers cleanup costs, legal expenses, and fines related to environmental damage.
  • What is Professional Indemnity Insurance, and why might landscape gardeners need it?

    It covers landscape gardeners against claims of professional negligence, errors, or omissions in their work or advice. It is particularly relevant for landscape designers, architects, or consultants providing professional services.
  • How does Personal Accident Insurance benefit individuals working in landscaping and gardening?

    It provides financial protection to individuals in the landscaping and gardening industry in case of accidents or injuries resulting in temporary or permanent disability. It covers medical bills and loss of income during recovery.
  • Can Landscape Gardeners Insurance cover seasonal increases in workload?

    Yes, Landscape Gardeners Insurance can include coverage for seasonal increases in workload, such as during spring and summer when landscaping projects are more frequent. This coverage ensures adequate protection during peak business periods.
  • Does Landscape Gardeners Insurance cover damage caused by natural disasters such as storms or floods?

    Yes, Landscape Gardeners Insurance typically covers damage directly from natural disasters such as storms, floods, or lightning strikes. It helps businesses recover from property damage and resume operations promptly.
  • How can landscape gardeners reduce insurance premiums?

    Landscape gardeners can lower insurance premiums by maintaining a good safety record, implementing risk management practices, updating safety protocols, securing premises and equipment, and choosing appropriate coverage limits. This foresight reduces the risk of incidents and can lead to substantial cost savings on your insurance premiums, which can financially benefit businesses. The cost of Landscape Gardeners Insurance can vary depending on factors such as the size of your business, the value of your equipment, and your claims history. It's essential to consider this cost when budgeting for your business expenses.
  • Can Landscape Gardeners Insurance cover subcontractors or temporary workers?

    Yes, Landscape Gardeners Insurance can be tailored to include coverage for subcontractors or temporary workers hired by landscaping businesses. This flexibility allows companies to ensure that all project workers are adequately protected against risks, regardless of their employment status or duration of work.
  • What steps should landscape gardeners take in case of an insurance claim?

    In case of an insurance claim, landscape gardeners should promptly notify their insurance provider, document the incident thoroughly with photos and reports, cooperate with the claims investigation, and seek legal advice if needed. The timeline for claim resolution can vary depending on the case's complexity, but insurers typically aim to process claims within a reasonable timeframe, such as 30 days. This process ensures that you receive the necessary support and compensation promptly.
  • Is Landscape Gardeners Insurance available as a standalone policy or part of a business insurance package?

    Depending on the insurer's offerings and the business's requirements, Landscape Gardeners Insurance can be obtained as a standalone policy specifically tailored to the needs of landscaping businesses or as part of a broader business insurance package. This flexibility empowers you to choose the best option that suits your needs.
  • Does Landscape Gardeners Insurance cover professional advice or designs provided by landscapers?

    Yes, Landscape Gardeners Insurance can include coverage for professional advice, designs, or consultancy services landscapers offer. Professional Indemnity Insurance within the policy protects against claims arising from professional errors or negligence in these areas.
  • Can Landscape Gardeners Insurance cover plant and tree damage caused during work?

    Yes, Landscape Gardeners Insurance can cover accidental damage to plants, trees, or landscaping features caused during work activities. This cover ensures that repair or replacement costs are covered without significant financial burden.
  • How often should landscape gardeners review and update their insurance policies?

    Landscape gardeners should review and update their insurance policies annually or whenever significant changes in business operations, workforce size, services offered, or regulatory requirements exist. Regular reviews ensure that coverage remains relevant and adequate.
  • Are there specific insurance considerations for landscape gardeners operating in urban areas or protected environments?

    Landscape gardeners operating in urban areas or protected environments may have particular insurance considerations such as noise pollution, environmental impact assessments, and adherence to local regulations. Insurance policies can be tailored to address those unique challenges.
  • Does Landscape Gardeners Insurance cover liability for damage caused by pests or invasive species introduced during landscaping work?

    Yes, Landscape Gardeners Insurance can cover liability for damage caused by pests, invasive species, or unintended environmental impacts from landscaping activities. It includes coverage for remediation costs and legal expenses.
  • Can Landscape Gardeners Insurance cover equipment breakdowns for essential landscaping machinery?

    Landscape Gardeners Insurance can cover equipment breakdowns, including crucial machinery such as lawnmowers, chainsaws, and irrigation systems. Equipment breakdown insurance ensures prompt repairs or replacements without significant financial strain.
  • Are insurance incentives or discounts available for landscape gardeners implementing sustainable practices or eco-friendly designs?

    Some insurers may offer incentives or discounts to landscape gardeners who adopt sustainable practices, use eco-friendly materials, or design environmentally conscious landscapes. To maximise benefits, it's worth discussing these options with insurance providers.
  • Can Landscape Gardeners Insurance cover loss of business due to reputational damage or negative publicity?

    Yes, Landscape Gardeners Insurance can include coverage for loss of business income due to slander, negative publicity, or crisis events affecting business operations. Business Interruption Insurance within the policy addresses these financial losses during recovery periods.

Other Insurance For Consideration

Commercial Fleet Insurance

Driver getting in his van
Comprehensive, third party, fire and theft or third party only cover arranged for your business' vehicles.

Plant and Machinery Insurance

Commercial property insurance headed page on a clipboard with a blue background
Consider adding annual insurance cover for owned or hired-in plant and machinery to your business cover.

Commercial Property Insurance

Clipboard with a sheet of paper titled commercial property insurance
Do you need commercial property insurance in addition to liability cover? We can also arrange as a standalone policy.
Let's sort out your cover as quickly and simply as possible

Help with choosing the correct options for your business.

Choosing a broker specialising in trade insurance ensures that you work with professionals who understand your industry's risks and unique business operations. Our brokers can tailor policies to your needs, making you feel understood and catered for.
Tradesman looking over plans

Professional Indemnity

Insurance cover for businesses that use an element of design or specification within their contractual work. Whether or not your design or specification work is carried out by a third party, you may still be liable for the consequences of errors or omissions in the design or specification. Your risks can be covered by a Design and Construct professional indemnity insurance policy.

Contractors All Risks

Provides coverage for property damage and damage or injury to third parties. Property damage can include incorrect construction, renovation damage, or damage to temporary work. C.A.R. policies are typically taken out by both contractor and the employer, and others, such as finance companies, may be named in the policy.
Construction site
View from below, brightly coloured umbrellas providing much needed cover, something I may need, looking at the rain outside.

Commercial Combined

A comprehensive cover solution that ties together all the most common cover policies into one single easy to manage policy. It was primarily designed for small business owners such as landscape gardeners.
Group Personal Accident provides valuable financial cover for your business and employees. We can provide this cover extension via our markets and provide you and your staff cover against injury, disability or death as a result of an accident.
a bandaged up with a thumbs up
ranks of green ride on mowers

Own Plant/ Hired In Plant

Please see our dedicated page on plant and machinery insurance. Cover for hired-in or owned plant and machinery.

Legal Expenses

Covers the cost associated with obtaining legal advice and/or the costs involved when bringing or defending a court case. The policy conditions and the amounts covered vary from insurers so check with your broker.
judges gavel
White van parked in lane

Fleet Insurance

Many businesses like yours operate with a number of vehicles and benefit from a single motor fleet insurance policy which covers all their vehicles and often offers significant savings over insuring your vehicles separately with different providers.
Need Insurance help?

Call us at 01702 225 440

Brokers are available 9 am till 5 pm Mon-Fri.
Have us call you!

Within 24 hours or next working day

Professional Insurance Advice
Follow us