In the event of having to report a claim to us please notify us on 01702 225 440 during normal business hours or email us as soon as possible.
To enable any claim to be dealt with promptly please provide the following:
- Insurance policy or Certificate of Insurance
- Statement of claim – explanation of loss, extent of damage etc
- Commercial Invoice
- Packing List
- Bill of Lading (goods by sea) / Airway Bill (goods by air) / Consignment Note (goods by road)
- Delivery Receipts
- Notice to Carriers – Depending on how the cargo was transported a general guideline is as follows
Shipping Line: Within 3 days from the time of delivery.
Airline: Within 14 days from the time of delivery
Road: Within 7 days from the time of delivery.
Please note that this is not a full list. Additional documentation could be requested depending on the specific circumstance of the claim
Conditions and Exclusions
Conditions and significant and unusual exclusions or limitations
- Loss damage or expenses caused by inherent vice or nature of the subject matter insured.
- Insufficiency or unsuitability of packing or preparation of the subject-matter.
- If required, goods can be insured at the Owner’s premises and/or at exhibitions up to £250,000 without application of an Alarm Warranty.
- In the event of a claim for loss or damage to any part or parts, the amount recoverable shall not exceed such proportion of the cost of replacement of the part or parts lost or damaged as the insured value bears to the value of a new machine, plus additional charges for forwarding and refining the new part or parts.
- No claim is to attach to the Cover for damage to the goods insured which may be sustained whilst the goods are under any process, and directly resulting there from
- An Alarm Warranty applies when goods are insured at the Owner’s premises and/or at exhibitions valued over £250,000.
- Excluding all transits except in respect of transits from Assured premises in the United Kingdom and/or EU countries to exhibitions, fairs, functions, rallies, venues of formal entertainment and venues
Typical cargo freight exclusions
- Geographical Exclusions such as higher than normal risks of war or terrorism, countries where there may be trade sanctions in place, inland journey’s where the risk of theft is unacceptable. Some countries require buyers to insure via local markets or state insurance corporations.
- Goods Exclusions such as items banned for international trade, high-risk items such as certain chemicals or arms and weaponry, sometimes there may be exclusions concerning foodstuffs or biological freight due to restrictions in particular countries.
Goods that are also excluded
Mobile Phones - Bullion, precious metals, diamonds, precious stones and the like - Cash, bank notes, treasury notes, stamps, bonds, securities and the like - Tobacco, cigarettes and cigars - Livestock - Microchips and SIMMS/DIMMS and similar
Please make broker aware of the following
Jewellery, watches and the like - Drugs pharmaceuticals and medicines - Fresh meat, fish, vegetables and/or perishable foods of whatsoever nature.