Skip to main content

"Primo's insurance advisers really know insurance, they're my first choice."

At Primo, we like all our clients to feel this way

Plasterers' Insurance

Plasterers' Liability Insurance: Protecting You and Your Business

Welcome to our dedicated page for plasterers' insurance, designed to provide a deep understanding of the insurance needs specific to your profession. As experienced insurance brokers serving the UK, we not only recognise but deeply understand the unique risks faced by plastering professionals. This understanding is what drives us to emphasise the importance of correct insurance coverage for your workcraft, assets, and business interests.

Arranged by Primo

Understanding Plastering Risks

Plasterers work in diverse environments, from residential homes to commercial buildings, applying plaster finishes to walls and ceilings. While your expertise enhances spaces, it exposes your business to risks such as accidental damage, injuries, or claims of substandard workmanship. For instance, a client could slip and fall on a wet surface during a job, leading to a costly injury claim. These risks can pose significant financial challenges and reputational damage without suitable insurance coverage.

Tailored Insurance Coverage

As insurance brokers specialising in trades like plastering, we understand the intricacies of your work. That's why we don't just offer standard insurance policies. Instead, we recommend tailored insurance solutions specifically crafted to meet the needs and risks of your business. These solutions provide more comprehensive coverage and can often be more cost-effective in the long run.
  • Public Liability Insurance:

    This policy protects you against claims for accidental injury or property damage to third parties during work activities. (PL) covers the legal expenses and compensation payments if a client alleges substandard workmanship. However, it's important to note that it may not cover intentional damage.
  • Employer's Liability Insurance:

    If you employ staff or use subcontractors, this insurance is mandatory by law. It covers employee claims for work-related injuries or illnesses, ensuring legal compliance and financial protection.
  • Tools and Equipment Insurance:

    Safeguards your valuable tools and equipment against theft, damage, or loss, whether at job sites, in transit, or stored at your premises.
  • Professional Indemnity Insurance

    (PI) protects against successful claims of professional negligence, mistakes, or omissions in your work. It covers legal costs and compensation payments if a client alleges substandard workmanship.
  • Business Interruption Insurance:

    This policy covers loss of income and ongoing costs if insured events, such as fire, flood, or other perils, disrupt your business operations.
  • Personal Accident Insurance:

    Offers financial support in case of accidental injury or disability, ensuring peace of mind for you and your family's financial security.

Risk Management and Compliance

In addition to insurance, implementing robust risk management practices is crucial for a successful plastering business. Risk management involves:
  • Identifying potential risks
  • Assessing their likelihood and probable impact
  • Taking the appropriate steps to mitigate them
This includes prioritising safety protocols, properly training employees, using recommended safety gear and equipment, and adhering to industry standards and regulations. By proactively managing risks, you can reduce the likelihood and severity of accidents, which can lead to lower insurance costs and improved business operations.

Navigating Claims Expertly

Should a claim arise, our dedicated claims team will be there to efficiently guide you through the process. We assist in documenting incidents, liaising with insurers, and advocating for fair and timely settlements. This efficient process allows you to focus on delivering quality work, knowing that your claims are being handled with expertise and care.

Cost-Effective Solutions

We understand how important crafting cost-effective insurance solutions without compromising essential coverage is for every business. Leveraging our industry expertise and relationships with reputable insurers, we negotiate competitive premiums and review your coverage regularly to meet your evolving business needs.

Why Choose Us as Your Insurance Broker?

  • Industry Specialisation:

    We specialise in insurance for plasterers, understanding your trade's unique risks and challenges.
  • Tailored Solutions:

    We provide bespoke insurance solutions tailored to your business size, operations, and risk profile.
  • Claims Support:

    Our team offers expert claims handling, ensuring prompt and fair resolutions during challenging times.
  • Risk Management Guidance:

    We don't just offer insurance; we provide proactive advice to enhance safety practices and reduce potential liabilities. We aim to support and guide you in maintaining a safe and successful plastering business.
  • Long-Term Partnership:

    We aim to build trust-lasting relationships, help your business grow, and adapt insurance solutions accordingly.

Get Protected Today

Protecting your plastering business is paramount, starting with the right insurance coverage. To get started, you'll need to provide some basic information about your business, such as its size and operations. We'll then conduct a comprehensive insurance review and provide personalised recommendations based on your risk profile. Finally, we'll give you competitive quotes from our network of reputable insurers. Let's secure your craft, assets, and peace of mind together.
Chalk board with the words, where do I start?, written in white chalk
Simply fill out our quote form with as much detail as possible. Once our brokers receive your form they will begin the quote process.
Chalkboard with question written in white and we can help in yellow
Your assigned broker is happy to answer your concerns. Alternatively check out the FAQ directly below.
Chalkboard with consulting written across the middle.
Okay so you're all covered, that peace of mind is great. But should you ever require our help further request a callback.

Cover Extensions

Click a listed cover option for more information such as why you may or may not need this extra cover.
Chalk board with the words, where do I start?, written in white chalk
Simply fill out our quote form with as much detail as possible. Once our brokers receive your form they will begin the quote process.
Chalkboard with question written in white and we can help in yellow
Your assigned broker is happy to answer your concerns. Alternatively check out the FAQ directly below.
Chalkboard with consulting written across the middle.
Okay so you're all covered, that peace of mind is great. But should you ever require our help further request a callback.

Plasterers Insurance FAQ: Essential Protection for Your Plastering Business | Primo

  • What is plasterers' insurance?

    Plasterers' insurance is a policy designed to provide peace of mind, protecting plastering professionals in the UK against financial losses resulting from unforeseen events.
  • What types of coverage does plasterers' insurance offer?

    Plasterers' insurance typically offers a range of coverage options. Public liability coverage protects you if a third party claims you for injury or damage caused by your work, while employers' liability coverage protects your business against monetary losses resulting from claims made by employees injured or ill due to their work.
  • Why is public liability coverage important for plasterers?

    Public liability coverage is essential for plasterers because it protects them if a third party claims the plasterer for injury or damage caused by their work.
  • What is employers' liability coverage?

    Employers' liability coverage protects plastering businesses against financial losses resulting from claims made by employees injured or ill due to their work.
  • Why are tools and equipment coverage essential for plasterers?

    Tools and equipment coverage is vital for plasterers because it protects them if their tools and equipment are lost or damaged.
  • What is personal accident coverage?

    Personal accident coverage provides financial support to plasterers who are injured or suffer a disability due to their work.
  • How much coverage do I need for my plastering business?

    The amount of coverage you need for your plastering business depends on a range of factors, including the size of your business, the number of employees you have, the value of your tools and equipment, the types of projects you undertake, and the level of risk associated with your work. A larger business with more employees and higher-value assets, for example, may require more coverage than a smaller, self-employed plasterer.
  • How do I know if I need employers' liability coverage?

    If you have employees working for your plastering business, you must legally have employers' liability coverage.
  • How can I find a suitable plasterers' insurance policy for my business?

    You can find a suitable plasterers' insurance policy for your business by partnering with an experienced insurance broker who will guide you, assess your risks, and find suitable coverage options.
  • What are the benefits of working with an insurance broker?

    Working with a Primo broker can help you save time and money by finding the right coverage options for your business and negotiating the best rates on your behalf. We have in-depth knowledge of the insurance markets, understand the specific needs of plastering professionals, and can provide expert advice and guidance. They also handle the paperwork and claims process, saving you time and reducing the chance of errors.
  • How can I reduce the cost of my plasterers' insurance policy?

    You can reduce the cost of your plasterers' insurance policy by minimising risks, such as implementing safety procedures, investing in high-quality tools and equipment, and maintaining a good claims history. Additionally, you can consider increasing your deductible, thats the amount you pay out of pocket before your insurance kicks in, to lower your premium.
  • What should I look for in a plasterers' insurance policy?

    You should look for comprehensive coverage options, affordable rates, and excellent customer service.
  • What types of claims are covered under plasterers' insurance?

    Plasterers' insurance covers a range of claims, including injury claims, property damage claims, and claims resulting from errors or omissions in your work. 'Errors or omissions' refer to mistakes or oversights that could lead to monetary loss or injury to a third party, such as applying the wrong type of plaster or failing to secure a work area properly.
  • How long does it take to get a quote for plasterers' insurance?

    The time it takes depends on various factors, including the complexity of your business and the coverage options you are looking for.
  • Can I get plasterers' insurance if I have a previous claim?

    Yes, you can get plasterers' insurance even if you have a prior claim, but you may need to pay higher premiums.
  • What happens if I need to claim on my plasterers' insurance policy?

    Rest assured, if you need to claim on your plasterers' insurance policy, simply contact your insurance broker or provider. They will promptly guide you through the process and ensure you receive the compensation you're owed.
  • How can I ensure my plasterers' insurance policy is up-to-date?

    You should review your plasterers' insurance policy regularly to ensure it is up-to-date and covers all the risks associated with your business.
  • How long does a plasterer's insurance policy last?

    The length of a plasterer's insurance policy varies depending on the terms and conditions of the policy. Some policies may last for one year, while others may be ongoing.
  • Can I cancel my plasterers' insurance policy if I no longer need it?

    Yes, you can cancel your plasterers' insurance policy if you no longer need it, but you may be subject to cancellation fees.
  • How do I renew my plasterers' insurance policy?

    Before the policy expires, contact your insurance broker or provider to discuss your coverage options for the next term.

Other Insurance For Consideration

Commercial Fleet Insurance

Driver getting in his van
Comprehensive, third party, fire and theft or third party only cover arranged for your business' vehicles.

Plant and Machinery Insurance

Commercial property insurance headed page on a clipboard with a blue background
Consider adding annual insurance cover for owned or hired-in plant and machinery to your business cover.

Commercial Property Insurance

Clipboard with a sheet of paper titled commercial property insurance
Do you need commercial property insurance in addition to liability cover? We can also arrange as a standalone policy.
We'll find the cover you need to be correctly insured.

Help with choosing the right cover options for your business.

Some of the cover options and extensions listed below may be included in your policy, while others may be purchased separately or added on.
contractors working inside a property

Contract Works

Some construction projects you undertake will make you responsible for partially completed work. For instance, you're in the middle of building a house, and a flood destroys the work you have done contract works insurance could cover the cost of redoing that work. Your broker will help you determine the right level of cover needed.

Tools Cover

Often included as part of a contractors insurance policy this covers loss or damage to contractors tools, equipment and materials while they are secured on-site.
man standing holding a power tool inside a tool shop
tool bag full of various tools

Employees' Tools

Covers the cost of replacement of employees tools which have been stolen, lost or damaged. The amount covered may be for a fixed amount and will depend on the insurer.
Covers the replacement value of hired-in plant and equipment. Hire companies will normally insist on some type of cover to be in place before hire commences.
red scissor lift next to a white wall, it's called skyjack.
row of industrial buildings

Buildings and Contents

What is Covered? Your buildings, fixtures and fittings: including gates, fences, car parks, as well as underground cables and pipes. It may also include cover for stock and cash on the premises and in some cases it can also provide for seasonal stock increases free of charge.

Commercial Vehicles

We can also provide insurance for commercial vehicles and business motor fleet insurance policies.
Tradesman taking tools out of his van
Builders merchants yard full of materials


The materials you use on site can be expensive to replace, so ensuring your sums insured covers the replacement cost of your materials is essential. Typically materials will be covered under a contractors all risks policy.
Need Insurance help?

Call us at 01702 225 440

Brokers are available 9 am till 5 pm Mon-Fri.
Have us call you!

Within 24 hours or next working day

Professional Insurance Advice
Follow us