A-Plan Holdings Privacy Notice – v2.3
This privacy notice tells you what you can expect us to do with personal information we hold on you, what kinds of information we hold, how we receive it and who we receive it from. It also explains who else we may share your information with, and gives you details about your data rights and how you may use them.
This privacy notice is updated from time to time, to reflect any changes in how we use and handle personal information. If we make any significant changes, we will let you know directly.
This version of the privacy notice was published on the 3rd April 2023. It contains updates to reflect recent additions to the trading names we are known by, and changes in our wider group of companies. We haven’t made any significant changes to the ways we use your personal data, or the kinds of organisations we share your information with since the previous version of our privacy notice was published.
A few definitions
- “we” and “us” means A-Plan Insurance;
- “Howden UK & Ireland” means the Howden UK & Ireland group of companies, which includes A-Plan Insurance. You can find a list detailing all the companies in this group by clicking here clicking here;
- “The Howden Group” means Howden Group Holdings Limited and any company or organisation in which Howden Group Holdings Limited holds significant share capital, which includes Howden UK & Ireland. You can find more information about the other companies in the Howden Group by visiting www.howdengroupholdings.com;
- “third-party” means someone who isn’t you, us, Howden UK & Ireland or the wider Howden Group.
Who does this privacy notice relate to?
- Individuals who are clients, including prospective clients who have received an insurance quotation, former clients who have previously held an insurance policy with us, and client representatives, for example those with power of attorney;
- Our business/corporate clients and their employees, including prospective and former clients and client representatives;
- Visitors to our websites
- Individuals who contact us with a query, concern or complaint;
- Individuals named on our insurance policies, such as named drivers, joint policy holders, or beneficiaries;
- Individuals who request information from us or permit us to contact them for marketing purposes;
- Third parties who make a claim against, or are subject to a claim from one of our policyholders in relation to a collision, accident or other insured event.
Customers of our Endsleigh Loop and Ingenie brands can find bespoke information about how these telematic insurance products work in our product-specific privacy notices, available below.
To view the Endsleigh Loop privacy notice, click here.
To view the Ingenie privacy notice, click here.
There are other types of individuals who this privacy notice does not relate to, for example Primo employees and sub-contractors (including prospective and former employees and sub-contractors), employees of our current, former or prospective business partners and service suppliers, and members of the press.
If you are one of these individuals and would like further information on how we collect, use and store your data, please contact us. Our contact details are shown in the “how you can contact us” section of this notice.
A bit about us
Who we are
- Our full company name is A-Plan Holdings;
- We are registered in England under company number 00750484.
- Our registered office address is 2 Des Roches Square, Witney, OX28 4LE, UK;
You can find more information about our financial service and data protection registrations, as well as our international representatives, in the “ more information about us” section of this notice.
We trade under a number of brands which incorporate the A-Plan name, and are also known by the following other trading names and brands:
|Allstyles||Cherished Vehicle Insurance Services|
|CLAi||CLA Insurance Services|
|Classic & Collectors||Clubcare Insurance Services|
|Countryside Alliance Insurance Services||Crusader Leisure Vehicle Insurance|
|Endsleigh Loop||Endsleigh Select|
|Endsleigh Young Driver||Faith Insurance|
|Family Insurance Services||Fire Insure|
|Golfplan||Golfplan Insurance Services|
|Golfplan International Golf Insurance Services||Golfplan International Insurance Services|
|Health Service Discounts||Home Direct|
|Howden||Howden Insurance Services|
|Instructor Cover Plus||Insurance for Caravans|
|Insurance for Holiday Homes||Insurance for Homes Abroad|
|Insurance for Trailer Tents||LeasePlan Fleet Insurance Services|
|Maserati Insurance Services||Motor Direct|
|Motorhome Direct||NHS Insure|
|Nurse Insure||Oliver & Sanders|
|Personal Insurance Partners||Pol Plan|
|R K Harrison||RH|
|RH Classic Vehicle||RH Specialist Vehicle|
|Sheltons||Shield Total Commercial Insurance Services|
|Shield Total Insurance||TR Register Insurance Services|
|Trust a Trader Insurance||Vint-tro Cover|
|Watkin Davies Insurance Consultants||Whitehouse|
How you can contact us
We take data privacy seriously and your opinion matters to us. If you have any questions about this policy or how we use your information you can contact us in the following ways:
In branch: You can find your nearest A-Plan branch by using our branch locator tool available here.
By telephone: 01993 893311
By post: A-Plan Insurance, 2 Des Roches Square, Witney, OX28 4LE, UK.
If you have a current insurance policy with us, you can also contact our office directly, by using the contact details shown in your policy documents.
Our Data Protection Officer
As part of Howden UK & Ireland, A-Plan Insurance’s Data Protection Officer is Jonathan Cumpstey. He can be contacted in the following ways:
FAO The Data Protection Officer, Howden UK & Ireland, 2 Des Roches Square, Witney, OX28 4LE, UK.
What information we collect and how we use it
The lawful ways we use your data
- To enter into or perform a contract; for example, to provide you with an insurance quotation, to start, change or cancel an insurance policy, to manage any claims which arise, to answer any queries you may have, action your requests or perform any debt recovery.
- To comply with a legal obligation; for example, the rules set by our regulator the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), to fulfil your data rights under data privacy laws, handle complaints about data privacy or our financial products and services and to comply with other legal requirements;
- For our legitimate business interests; for example, to detect and prevent fraud, money laundering and other financial crimes, monitor and improve our business and our products and services, demonstrate compliance with applicable laws and regulations, handle legal claims, respond to other types of complaint not previously mentioned, and some marketing activities. Where we rely on this lawful reason, we assess our business needs to ensure they are proportionate and do not affect your rights. In some instances, you also have the right to object to this kind of use. For more information, visit the “Your data rights” section of this notice.
- With your consent; for example, when you ask us to provide you with information or permit us to contact you for marketing purposes. You can withdraw your consent at any time, for more information please visit the “Your data rights” section of this notice.
- To protect vital interests: in extreme or unusual circumstances, we may need to use your information to protect your life or the lives of others.
When we collect your personal data
- You request an insurance quotation from us, either directly or via a third-party price comparison website when they have permission to share your information with us;
- When you are named on the insurance policy of another individual, for example as a named driver on a vehicle insurance policy, a joint policy holder, or a beneficiary;
- You purchase, change or cancel an insurance policy;
- We need to manage a claim made against your policy or that you bring against one of our policyholders;
- You contact us to request information or to make a complaint;
- You visit our website or the websites of other Howden UK & Ireland companies;
- You take part in a competition, prize draw or survey;
- You visit one of our stands and give us your information, for example at a show or trade fair;
- You have given permission to other companies to share your information with us;
- You have made your information publicly available, and we have a legitimate reason to review it.
What information we use and hold about you
Sensitive personal data
- When it is relevant to the type of insurance you are enquiring about, have purchased, previously held or that you have been named on;
- When it is relevant to a claim you have made or that someone else has made against you;
- Where it is relevant to a complaint or issue you have raised with us, and;
- To arrange alternate forms of correspondence for you, such as Braille, audio format or Touch-Type services.
Who we share your information with
- Other companies in Howden UK & Ireland and/or the wider Howden Group;
- Business partners, brokers, intermediaries, suppliers and agents involved in delivering products and services to you, including additional products purchased alongside your insurance policy such as breakdown cover or legal expenses cover;
- Credit reference, credit scoring and fraud prevention agencies;
- Debt collection agencies;
- Law enforcement, government bodies, regulatory organisations, courts and public authorities, for example the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), The Financial Ombudsman Service, The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and HMRC;
- Our panel of insurers and, where necessary, other insurers and those acting on their behalf, for example loss adjusters, solicitors and claims experts;
- Centralised insurance databases such as the Claims and Underwriting Exchange (CUE), the DVLA/DVA (NI), the Insurance Fraud Bureau (IFB) and the Motor Insurance Database (MID);
- Media agencies and other marketing organisations that we advertise with or conduct marketing activities through;
- A third party where disclosure is required to comply with legal or regulatory requirements;
- Personal representatives appointed by you to act on your behalf, or those appointed to represent a third-party claimant.
Transferring data internationally
Retaining and destroying data
Automated decision-making and profiling
Your obligation to provide information to us
Your data rights
Your right to access
- The privacy, rights or freedoms of other individuals;
- The prevention and detection of crime, including financial crimes such as insurance fraud and money laundering;
- Legal professional privilege, or;
- Negotiations with the individual(s) concerned.
Your right to rectification
Your right to erasure (the right to “be forgotten”)
Your right to restrict processing
Your right to object to direct marketing
Your right to object to automated decision-making
Your right to challenge our legitimate interests
Your right to object to the use of your information for statistical purposes
Your right to data portability
Your right to complain
Via their website: www.ico.org.uk
By telephone: 0303 123 1113
By post: The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.
Exercising your data rights
More information about us
- We are authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under register number 310164;
- We are registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under registration Z7199305;
- We are regulated by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission (GFSC) under reference 2731967;
- We are registered with the Guernsey Office of the Data Protection Authority (ODPA);
- We are regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC);
- We are registered with the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner (JOIC) under reference 100159.