Skip to main content

"Knowing that your business is covered correctly is priceless."

At Primo, we like all our clients to feel this way

Tree Surgeon Insurance

Insurance for Arborists

Arborist insurance arranged with A-rated uk underwriters ensures not only protection for your business but also allows you to take on larger more profitable projects such as council contracts.

Arranged by Primo

Arboricultural Contractors

Arborists are subjected to a number of high risks in the course of their daily work routine, our tree surgeons insurance is tailored to cover arborists with those risks in mind. Every policy is tailored to each tree surgeon's unique needs and cover will vary on the size of each business.

Tree services can range from working on someone's property to undertaking large council contracts where you may have to work on public highways or parks. Having the correct tree surgeons insurance cover protects you, your business, employees and the general public, but not only that, without the correct insurance it would be impossible to undertake some contracts, certainly, council contracts which demand a certain level of cover be in place.

  • Public Liability

    Protects against financial loss due to damage or injury to a third party where you are found liable.

  • Employer's Liability

    Most employers are legally obliged to take out this policy. Covers compensation costs made to an employee who suffers injury or illness as a direct result of carrying out their work.

  • Professional Indemnity

    Covers you financially when a claim is made against you by your client for errors or mistakes made by you in the course of providing designs, professional services or advice.

Let's get you covered as quickly and simply as possible

Cover Considerations

  • All locations, height and depth at which the policyholder work
  • Insurance limits that adequately reflect the works undertaken
  • Staff qualifications should be commensurate with work undertaken (NPTC, City and Guilds) – for example, aerial rescue and chainsaw use at height
  • Security of plant: woodchippers, stump grinders, trailers and the like are often targeted for theft
  • Potential for unexpected Employers Liability exposure; for example a duty of care to a sub contracted groundsman.

Cover Extensions

Select a listed extension for more information.

Your Broker

Always speak to a real person. You will have an assigned broker.


Our brokers ensure obtaining your insurance is simple and straightforward


Correctly covering your business gives you great peace of mind.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Do I need public liability insurance?

    Whilst not a legal requirement we highly recommend you obtain this cover to protect you against the costs and damages claims arising from a negligent act causing injury or damage to a third party. It gives you that peace of mind to know that in the event of a claim you have your insurer defending and protecting you.
  • Is business insurance a legal requirement?

    Most business insurance is not a legal requirement, however, we do highly recommend you obtain this cover to protect you against the costs and damages claims arising from a negligent act causing injury or damage to a third party or resulting fire, weather related incidents or a break in. It gives you that peace of mind to know that in the event of a claim you have your insurer defending and protecting you.

    The only insurance that your business is legally obliged to obtain is employers liability and vehicle insurance.

  • Can I pay in monthly instalments?

    You can pay monthly subject to your status and the size of the premium the credit charge and terms will vary.
  • What if I need to change my level of cover?

    As an existing client you can call or email us with any changes during business hours and get advice on the changes you wish to make.

  • If I need to make a claim who should I contact?

    First and foremost always contact your insurer, should you need assistance or advice following that call speak to your broker who will be happy to assist you where they can.

Business Vehicles

Comprehensive, third party, fire & theft or third party only cover arranged for your business' vehicles or commercial fleet.

Plant and Machinery

Consider adding annual insurance cover for owned or hired-in plant and machinery to your business cover.

Commercial Property

Do you need commercial property insurance in addition to liability cover? We can also arrange as a standalone policy.

Let's get you covered as quickly and simply as possible

Understanding which cover extensions may be the best for your business

A brief description of each of the cover extensions we can obtain from insurers to correctly protect your business.

Contractors' All Risk

Provides cover for damage to property and also damage or injury to third-parties. Damage to property can include incorrect construction, renovation damage or damage to temporary work on sites. C.A.R. policies are typically taken out by both the contractor and the employer and may have others such as finance companies named in the policy.

Business Interruption

If your business needs to close after a disaster like a flood or a fire, perhaps even after a forced entry business interruption insurance covers the shortfall in your business' income.

Business Premises

What is Covered? Your buildings, fixtures and fittings: including gates, fences, car parks, as well as underground cables and pipes. It may also include cover for stock and cash on the premises and in some cases it can also provide for seasonal stock increases free of charge.
Covers the cost associated with obtaining legal advice and/or the costs involved when bringing or defending a court case. The policy conditions and the amounts covered vary from insurers so check with your broker.

Personal Accident

There are several different types of personal accident cover. Personal accident only, group accident, personal accident sickness and personal accident assault all with varying levels of cover. Speak to your broker to see which policy cover options are open to you. The cover may be included or obtainable as a stand-alone policy.

Plant and Machinery

Please see our dedicated page on plant and machinery insurance. Cover for hired-in or owned plant and machinery.

Employees' Tools

Covers the cost of replacement of employees tools which have been stolen, lost or damaged. The amount covered may be for a fixed amount and will depend on the insurer.

Equipment & Stock

The equipment and stock you use can be expensive to replace, so ensuring your sums insured covers the replacement cost of these items is essential. Typically equipment and stock will be covered under a contractors all risks policy.
Excess Protection

Need help?

Call us at 01702 225 440

Or use our live chat

Have us call you!

Within 24 hours or next working day